Today we discuss kitchen tools you need for when moving into a new home. Moving into a new home is an exciting time. You get to make all the decisions from colors, flooring, and furniture pieces. However, when it comes to your kitchen you may not know what tools are essential for cooking in your new space. This blog post will cover some of the most useful kitchen tools you need for when moving into a new home.
8 kitchen tools you need for when moving into a new home
1.A set of measuring cups and spoons:
measuring cups and spoons are used for baking, cooking, boiling water, and more. You can’t make a good meal without them! Most people have measuring cups or spoons at their house but when you move them they might not know what ones are theirs.
2. Knives for cutting fruit, vegetables, and meat:
If you’re moving into a new home, then you’ll need some basic kitchen tools. One of these is knives. Knives can help cut up ingredients for cooking and other recipes. They are essential in the kitchen! What different kinds of knives do you need? Let’s take a look at some types: Paring Knife – Great for small jobs like peeling or slicing smaller fruits and vegetables; Chef Knife – Used for chopping, dicing, mincing; Slicing Knife – Perfect for cutting slices from meat or cheese; Bread Knife- Ideal for slicing bread and cakes without crushing them (and also great with tomatoes!).
it’s important to know which ones are best suited for your needs. If you’re looking for a sharp knife that will last, we recommend either German steel or Japanese steel; these types of blades stay sharper longer than other types of metals.
3. Cutting boards – wood or plastic both work well
When you think about all the things you need for cooking and preparing food in your kitchen, knives should definitely come to mind! But what about those other items that help keep everything organized? Cutting boards are not only useful but also necessary for any kitchen whether it’s at home or in an office space.
4. Pans for frying eggs, cooking pancakes, making bacon
Pans are great for cooking, but they might not be the only tools you need in your kitchen. A frying pan is a kitchen utensil that can be used to cook eggs, bacon, and other breakfast foods. Using a frying pan when moving into a new home will make it easier to cook many of your favorite dishes.
5. A pot with a lid to cook soup or boiling water
First of all, make sure you have the right pots and pans. You want to know what size pot or pan is needed for cooking certain dishes like boiling eggs or frying bacon. I suggest buying something simple like a saucepan that has a lid for less than $20 dollars. This way, you won’t spend too much money but still, have a great kitchen tool!
6.An oven mitt
Every homeowner needs an oven mitt when moving into a new home, especially if it is their first time owning one. The oven heats up to high temperatures and can be unsafe for hands without protection. Oven mitts are also useful in the summertime because they protect your hands from the hot metal handles on pots and pans that you might otherwise grab onto while cooking outside or inside at your stovetop or grill.
7. Tongs for picking up hot items like lasagna sheets from the stovetop
Tongs are perfect for picking up hot foods without having to touch them with your fingers or hands. They’re also great for grabbing food out of boiling water so it doesn’t get too messy on the stovetop. You can find tongs at any grocery store and they aren’t expensive!
8. Spatula for flipping pancakes or lifting food off the grill pan
A spatula can be a really helpful tool when you’re living in a new home. They are the perfect size to use for cooking eggs and pancakes, flipping burgers, and stirring sauces. No matter what your family’s favorite breakfast dish is, a spatula will help you cook it just right! A good quality one should last for years of cooking fun too!
Some more kitchen tools which you need for when moving into a new home:
- Dish soap – dish soap is necessary for cleaning dishes and pots
- Sponges – sponges are needed to scrub surfaces that can’t be reached with a cloth or sponge
- Paper towels – paper towels are great for wiping up spills and messes as well as drying wet items
- Hand sanitizer- hand sanitizers should always be kept near the kitchen sink so you never have to touch anything dirty again!
- Trash bags- trash bags can help keep your home clean by containing any garbage in one place
- Disinfectant wipes- disinfectant wipes will come in handy when moving into a new house, because it’s hard to know what kind of germs could be lurking on countertops or tables!
- Rubber gloves- rubber gloves will protect your hands from bacteria while cooking and cleaning, which is especially important if you’re pregnant! They also make cleanup easier because they prevent cross contamination between foodstuffs like raw meat and cooked vegetables/pasta sauce/etc…
- Broom & dustpan- brooms are essential for sweeping away dirt, hair, etc., whereas dustpans help catch debris before it falls onto the
Yep, the kitchen is one of the most important parts of your new home. If you’re moving into a place that doesn’t have any appliances or pots and pans in it, then check out our list below for some essentials to get started with!